There are many art galerys at Noord Beveland. Many artists live at Noord Beveland, most of them live in the small village of Kats. Each year in august all artists open their doors for the public. Most artists offer all kinds of workshops.
A great experience is to follow an Art tours/routes. At these event days a wide range of art forms are exhibited at fascinating locations, often in the houses or gardens of the artists themselves or other people.This is the perfect place to find handmade gifts, produced as unique pieces or in small series: table art, decorations, jewellery, loamps, fashion accessoiries, paintings, drawings, sculptures and more....
monthly Art tours/ special Sunday Art Tours /
On following special days several galeries open their doors and even sometimes demonstrate their skills
- Zierikzee has every 1th sunday of the month an opening of art galerys (from may until including november)
- Middelburg: also every 1th sunday of the month (from januari until including december)
- Renesse: every 3th sunday of the month (from april until september)
- Burgh Haamstede : last sunday of the month (from april until oktober)
Yearly art routes:
- Eastern: Open atelier Veere
- May 2015 is the painters week in Domburg
- 3th week of Junei: Kunstschouw in the neighbourhoud of Burgh Haamstede
- begin June and end of August: kunstroute Oostkapelle
- 1th weekend of june and the last but one weekend of August: kunstroute Wemeldinge
- en of August: kunstroute Zoutelande
Gardens with sculpture exhibition:
There are several gardens with permanent or temporary sculpture- and ironwork exhibitions. Such as: De Zeeuwse Rozentuin , de Houtenhandsehof in Koudekerke, the garden of artist Danielle Orelio.
Many villages of Zeeland still own mills. They have been used for milling grain or rapeseed. Many of them are still kept in working order and are open to the public.
At Noord Beveland you will find several flourmills. In Wissenkerke: "de Onderneming" (uit 1860) en "Landzicht". At Colijnsplaat: mill "Nooitgedacht" and "de Oudemolen". At Kortgene: flourmill 'De Korenbloem' dating back to 1873.
The ones in Wissenkerke and Kortgene still sell flour and some regional products in their shops.